Wednesday, April 15, 2009

McDonalds wants you to be dumb

Morning Folks! I write this at 9:02 AM, because for some ungodly reason I woke up at 7:30 this morning and could not fall back asleep. I am listening to our local morning radio show here in Jacksonville, and I hear a McDonalds commercial that made me laugh at first, but enraged me the more I thought about it. It was about a girl with a "Coffee Snob" addiction or some shit like that. She stated that since she left her snobby coffee shop and started drinking McMochas (Or whatever), she stopped talking about Baroque Art and 16th Century Chamber Music, and started reading tabloids and watching reality shows. "Not documentaries, REALITY SHOWS", she points out.

Why the fuck is McDonalds encouraging people to be dumber? For a company who likes to point out how much they do for children (while slowly adding on to those kiddies guts), they certainly are fine with anyone over 18 letting their brains turn to mush. "Don't watch a documentary! Order a McHeart Attack and sit on your fat ass and watch a reality show where some chef with an anger issue screams at a 23 year old former Bennigans line chef who just soiled herself!"

So I hereby issue a decree! I could demand everyone boycott McDonalds, but boycotts never work, and I'm poor, so I can't give up McDonalds. BUT, I think it would be quite inspiring to the McDonalds people if every time you order anything from McDonalds (ESPECIALLY the Drive-Thru), you try to start an erudite conversation with them. Talk about philosophy, Greek drama, Shakespeare, early French film making, anything that "hip McDonalds people" probably don't think about. At the very least you'll inform someone of something they don't know. At the best, you might be pleasantly surprised that the guy behind the counter at McDonalds with the neck tattoo and four mortgage-priced gold chains is extremely knowledgeable about Latin poetry.

So, though I hate to admit it, I must kind of thank Mickey-D's. By aggravating me with their commercial that encourages so called "Normalcy" and pushes manufactured pop culture on us like a broke pimp pushing its last skank at you, they have encouraged me to go learn obscure things to confuse their employees... Next wiki search:Baroque Art... :)

Note: Ludicrously Late Book Review for MAUS is coming... as soon as I get done reading it... for like the 20th time... I fucking love this book...

No comments:

Post a Comment