Thursday, April 16, 2009

Where some of Jacksonville taxpayer money goes!


Afternoon folks! CD here with a story that should aggravate any taxpayers here here in beautiful Jacksonville, Florida. One of my friends, we'll call him Tan Neck, is a groundskeeper for a bunch of the big corporate parks here in Jax. He was mowing some big lawn in St. Johns County last week, and heard some static coming from a bush. He walks over to the aforementioned shrubbery, peeks between the brances, and sees a pair of JSO (Jacksonville Sheriffs Office) walkie-talkies laying on the ground, hidden beneath the bush. And behind them is a pair of JSO riot shotguns.

*Ahem*

SHERIFF ISSUE FLIPPING RIOT SHOTGUNS!!! As best we can figure out, somebody stole them from a cop car (very reassuring) and hid them in the bush to use them later. So, technically, Tan Neck stopped a liquor store robbery or some depressed kid from taking out the chem teacher who gave him an A instead of an A+. So. My bush-trimming friend wisely leaves the guns there, and uses the radio to tell the operator what he found. Some cop calls him and tells him to stay there, they'll be there in about fifteen minutes. So Tan Neck is mowing the grass when a police helicopter flies up and lands in the middle of his property (making the "mexicans I work with all stop working" says good old Tan Neck). The cops get out, recover the stolen contraband, and proceed to give TN a ride around his property in the helecopter. Which is pretty fucking cool, I have to admit. Then they leave. And TN gets to go out to lunch to get an award for being a good citizen with the cheif or someone on Friday. He deserves the award for being a good guy and letting the cops know what he found. But how mind-numbingly stupid is it that this problem even happened in the first place. Somebody stole TWO walkie-talkies and TWO shotguns. That scares me, and I know this story won't show up on the news, so I figured I'd let people know on here, so maybe someone can bring it up at a town hall meeting or something. I know I'm not going to one of them.

Anyways, figured that'd be interesting for anyone who reads this. I was shocked the first time I heard the story, and knew that other people would (and should!) be too.

P.S. - Maus review soon... book so good... but so sad...

No comments:

Post a Comment